Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Know What's Been Missing In My Life

It's Goodwill. Haven't done any GW shopping since moving to Virginia. While living in Oregon, I would get together with a group of girls on a regular basis and peruse not one, but two, local Goodwill stores. I've been known to "shut down" a store or two in my time. (That means be the last person in the store at closing time.)

Last week, out of complete desperation for something to do, Madeline and I went thrifting. That included our local Goodwill. Yes, it is a smaller venue than what I'm used to, thrifting snob that I am, but we did fairly well with our finds. Providentially, we found a Beatles t-shirt just at the point where Madeline said, "This place is gross and there isn't anything here that I would possibly want." Now she's a convert.

Today, I took Jon and Madeline with me on the hunt. Jack could not be convinced to join us, even with the promise of Sonic afterwards. Bill and Sarah were sleeping. Oh, and what a haul we made. Two new movies, a new Levi jean jacket for Jack (what he's been wanting FOREVER), 3 sweatshirts for Jon, baseball pants for Jon (tball, Heaven help us, next year), a book for Bill, and new cargo pants for Jack (he likes the pockets for knives and such). Oh, and a Talbot's sweater for Jon too. All of this for $13.00!

After a necessary swipe with the anti-bac. wipe, we ran to Sonic for tots and soda. Whew. What an eventful day for us fast-living Pennicks. We really know how to have a good time.

1 comment:

Julie Pennick said...

Tots. Mmmmmmmmmm. And I am not a convert. I still don't like thrifting that much.