Saturday, December 26, 2009

Just a Few Christmas Pictures

Sarah, sucking her finger, looking sweet.

Sarah with her new teething doll.

Jack putting together snap circuits. (Which I highly recommend as a toy)


Madeline, reading as always.

Jon, as only Jon can be.

A lovely, simple Christmas. The requisite pajama presents on Christmas Eve, Chinese food for dinner, early morning wake-up call (even by the older kids!), staying in our pjs until mid-afternoon, playing with new treasures. No cooking for me and a nice party with friends to finish off the day.
I spent some time this morning researching Epiphany. Anyone celebrate this? It's a holiday that culminates with a cake, so I'm thinking about hopping on board this one. Any holiday with a cake is a good holiday in my book. The only part of this idea that won't work for me is that you're supposed to leave the Christmas decorations up until the 6th of January. Then have an undecorating party. NO WAY! I am all about putting it all away today. As in the day after Christmas. I'm ready to reclaim the space. Note though, that I do keep up twinkly lights in our living room all year, so we are not totally without cheer.
Only 7 more days until Jack's birthday. I'd better get going on this.



1 comment:

Madeline said...

They woke me up. And the Chinese food is not even worth mentioning. As the for the Encyclopedia, how can they claim that it covers eveything when they don't include the Outfield?!