Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy day

No pictures to share, but close your eyes and I'll lead you on a journey through our day. You can imagine being with us on our adventure in Henderson NC. Okay, go ahead and open them--it's really not that great of a story. And most of you haven't even been to Henderson NC, so you couldn't imagine what it's even like.

We finally got a bit of rain. I believe it's the last remnants of Fay. With the rain, the humidity has returned. Just lovely.

Jack had an ortho. appt. in Henderson, which by the way, is about 30 min. south of our house. After consulting with the ortho. regarding Jack's congenital dental defects (that certainly do not originate in MY chromosomal contribution), we determined that braces will be necessary, though not for a few years. At the cost of $5000, I think I'd better start saving now. I told Jack that none of the cars I've ever owned have been worth that much money. Actually, if you added up all of their value together, I still doubt it'd reach $5000!

Of course, no trip to Henderson is complete without lunch at Chick-fil-a. You west-coasters just don't know what you're missing. Chick-fil-a is always clean, they always refill your drinks (they even come to your table!), they give you samples of dessert, and they have a cool playground that doesn't smell like dirty socks or poop. We love Chick-fil-a!

A quick peek into the teacher's supply store was our last stop. Due to a change in ownership, everything was on sale at least 25% off. We bought a few pencils, erasers, posters, and one of those geometric rubber band things. Oh, and we had a calendar laminated so Jon can learn days of the week, names of months, etc.

Here's a little fact to share with you: It takes approximately 24 hours for my children to devour 4 dozen (that's 48, people!) chocolate chip cookies. I ate 4, Bill ate 6. Do the math. Yikes!

Now that I have totally overused the exclamation point (I'm always a bit nervous if my brother reads this, as I'm sure my grammar, spelling, and punctuation will have mistakes that are blindingly obvious to his journalistic eye), I must be on my way. Have a lovely evening.

No comments: