Monday, January 4, 2010

11

Yesterday was Jack's birthday. I remember a few things about the night he was born. First, it went fast. I mean really, scary fast. Second, it was really cold. Third, Bill drove too fast on the way to the hospital (which in the end, was a good thing). Fourth, my favorite shoes were ruined when my water broke while walking into the hospital. Fifth, my Dr. was not wearing a silk shirt when he arrived to deliver this baby AND his hair was most definitely uncombed. Sixth, I remember the sunrise, while laying in my bed. Seventh, how glad and relieved I was when this baby was finally allowed to leave the NICU place and join me in our room.
Jack is a tender-hearted boy, always considering the possibilities in life. He's a planner and likes to be sure those around him know this. He is aware of the underdog and is mindful of this. A superb builder and inventor, Jack always has a project going somewhere. Hard work makes him most happy--cutting wood, raking leaves, digging holes, or weed-whacking.
Happy Birthday, J.!
Blowing out the candles.
The cake.

Shooting the new gun. (As an un-gunned person, I find this frightening. There, I said it.)

The gun.

A mom-made quilt. I told him it would last forever. Love the morning hair.






5 comments:

Madeline said...

You forgot to mention leaving me, your eldest, at home while waitin for grandparents to show up! Very important, Mom!

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday Jack!

Madeline said...

10 bucks says that Jack was yelling at Jon in that first picture.

Anonymous said...

apple
brave
tiger
honest
persevere

Jessyca said...

hihi~ First time drop by your blog ^^

Nice pictures and cute kids!