Friday, September 5, 2008

Hurricane Hannah!

So it seems that the governor of Virginia has declared a state of emergency due to the impending hurricane. Just exactly what IS a hurricane? I mean, it sounds like some heavy wind and rain to me. Don't we just call that a storm in Oregon? I'm feeling as if I should run out and stock up on batteries, water, and propane. Oh, and I've been told to fill up my bathtubs tonight too. I guess that's so we'll have a supply of water on hand. Anyway.....

Instead of hurricane-watching, we'll be heading to Victoria VA this evening to drink coffee and listen to live bluegrass music. The only bit of culture within a 75 mile radius. If you don't include Walmart as culture that is.

We'll check back in this weekend and update on any storm happenings.
StormTeam VA signing off.

No comments: