Sunday, September 13, 2009

Madeline's Birthday

The unfortunate cake.

Supposed to be "13" but have no idea what Jon is doing.



I know you're not supposed to take their picture, but I was discreet. I made Bill follow him so I could snap a quick one. I wish I could have taken a picture of the Amish girl mowing the lawn with a push mower and the man cutting hay with a horse drawn cutting machine. Is it bad that I stalk the Amish?
The teenager (that's how Jon refers to her now) had a full day. Started with donuts and presents for breakfast and a trip to our favorite bookstore in Charlotte Courthouse (that's really the name of the town!). A drive through Amish country and lunch at Chick-fil-a in Farmville VA. Baseball games, really awesome yarn store in the middle of no where (http://yarnbarn.com/), and dinner on the deck at Charlie's in Farmville. Lastly, cake and ice cream at home with a request by the teenager for a retelling of her birth story. She said this was the best birthday ever.


2 comments:

Madeline said...

Yes, it's very bad. Stalking the Amish is about as sinful as you can get.

Heather said...

Oh my, I think that it is so beautiful that she wanted to hear her birth story. It is my favorite part of the boys birthday, and I hope that they too will want to hear it every year as they grow up. I am so glad that you all had a wonderful day (and the cake looks so yummy)