Thursday, September 17, 2009

We Are A Sight!

If you're ever in LaCrosse some evening around 6:30, maybe you'll see us. We're the funny looking people, running laps around their field. You'll surely recognize us: a tired-looking woman with the industrial-strength sports bra (nursing four babies has that effect on a person), the taller-than-her mother teenager who unhappily plods along, the mid-sized boy who jogs effortlessly along with no concept of personal space, and lastly, the littlest boy who runs exuberantly, just for the joy of running. Oh, what a sight we are.

This is the third week into our running adventure. Can't say it's my favorite thing to do, but I do enjoy my company while doing so. Gosh, I forgot to add that we are usually accompanied by a big, yellow dog who hops like a kangaroo, a cat who looks bewildered by the activity, and a goat who simply stares blankly. It really is a family affair. Now, off to Sonic for our after-run treats.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I miss you guys! Can't believe how much Sarah has grown and changed. Must see her soon before it becomes too much to take! Love that you are running. Nick is my personal trainer. I wish I were kidding. He makes me go to the gym and I feel guilty if he is the only one on the treadmill. Things have been busy but let's get together soon!

Lisa said...

So I think Bill needs to snap a photo of this training regime you've got going. :-)

Imogen said...

I was sat in a crowded coffee shop when I read this & couldn't help but laugh, I looked up to find everyone staring at me! A picture of this would be hugely appretiated, although the one I already have in my head is pretty funny!
I haven't forgotten the movie suggestions but since getting home I've either been at work or sleeping.