Sunday, September 13, 2009

The X-files

Oh my. For his birthday, Bill decided to splurge on a 12 DVD set of the X-files (it only cost $19.99 because no one else could possible want such garbage). This would be season 1 and 2. Because I sit down quite often during the day to nurse Sarah, I find myself watching movies more than usual. We don't have cable or satellite, so it's just the DVD player or VCR and me (and I guess Sarah too). I've watched Andy Griffith, Peter Pan, Chocolat, and almost every other movie I can find in our house. I've rented from Redbox too. Oh, and let me not forget the offerings from our library as well. Because I feel as if I've nearly exhausted all local movie opportunities, I have (only out of complete desperation) taken to watching The X-files. From the beginning. I'm currently on Season 2, disk 2. That's 8 disks that I have already consumed visually. I will never be the same. The truth is out there.



On another note, I have also done a bit of calculating while feeding this baby. In the 16 weeks that we've had Sarah, if she's been fed 5 times per day, I have assumed the position in my chair 560 times. How's that for impressive?

3 comments:

Madeline said...

The truth IS out there. We all know that.

Imogen said...

Don't forget Benjamin Button, which we watched btw & what a laugh a minute that was!! Would u like some movie recommendations?

Anonymous said...

We'd love some. I think there's only so much of the X-Files that you can watch.