Thursday, October 1, 2009

Off We Go!

Heading out today for a birthday weekend trip. How come the planning and preparation for a trip is great, but when the day of departure arrives, I actually dread leaving? Will someone get sick? Will the house we've rented smell bad and be dirty? How will I feed everyone something other than fastfood? Did I pack everything? Who will feed the animals while we're away? What if our house burns down (Jon always asks this question)? Is this really supposed to be a vacation for me? By the time we pull out of the driveway, my patience has already traveled approximately 238 miles in the opposite direction. Really, I'm no fun to take on vacation.

Immy, we're hoping to stop in Machipongo--will be thinking of you!

Rheann and Alexander, you've traveled with me and can substantiate my claims.

Mom and Dad, thanks for having a baby in 1971. (I can't make myself type my actual age)

Bill and Chris, thanks for the birthday gift!

Marguerite Henry, thanks for writing a book about a real place that inspired a girl to visit the actual place and see the actual ponies. A favorite book really comes to life.....

4 comments:

Madeline said...

Please no Machipongo!

Heather said...

Have a great trip!

Imogen said...

Machipongo!! I was driving somewhere the other day & wished I could stop somewhere like Machipongo. I'm a lot jealous. Have fun or I hope u had fun if you've been already!

Madeline said...

Mom's almost 40!